Imani Evans, MA – President & CEO
Imani has been passionately committed to the personal empowerment of individuals and communities for many years. She is the CEO & Founder of Women Healing Women, a non-profit organization dedicated to the eradication of violence against women and girls. “Violence is an experience not an identity”, says Evans. This is the founding principle on which she started Women Healing Women, Inc. Imani is a dynamic speaker, who captivates her audience with passion, humor and an unique ability to personalize her message to fit anyone listening to her words. As a professional counselor and life coach, Imani inspires her clients to turn painful experiences into purpose-driven missions. She is affectionately known as the Barrier Breaker & Change Maker!
Imani holds a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology and is currently pursuing a doctorate in Counseling Education & Supervision. She has been a non-profit leader and social change agent for more than 26 years, working with several non-profit agencies throughout Atlanta, New Jersey and New York. Evans received Special Congressional Recognition as director of a national breast and cervical cancer awareness program (1996). She has facilitated workshops & trainings across the country for such organizations as: 100 Black Men 2012 Conference, Infinity Diamond Conference, Emory University, Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Newark Day Center, Miss Teen Plus Scholarship, YWCA, TEDCO Lincoln House, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, National Black Women’s Health Project, MELD Program for Girls, and Dance to a Different Drum. Presently Imani serves on the board of directors for PeopleTV, Atlanta’s only non-profit public-access television cable TV channel and the Executive Director for the Little 5 Points Center for Arts & Community.
Imani is both an artist and healer, combining her talents to create an amazing atmosphere for transformation and empowerment. Over the years, she has helped many individuals manifest their dreams beyond perceived limitations. Now she uses her unique combination of creativity and psychology as a vehicle for healing, and self-mastery. She is the author of Today is the Miracle: A 30-Day Guide for Overcoming Challenges & Creating Miracles, REFLECTIONS JOURNAL FOR WOMEN: 50 questions for increased self-awareness & transformation and Unveiling the I AM (2015 release).
- Certified Non Profit Manager
- Certified Life Coach
- Community Activist Award 2008
- Special Congressional Recognition 1996
The Fine Art of Self-Care for Dynamic Women ™ This presentation is designed for women with big hearts, big visions, big responsibilities and energetic lives who are seeking BALANCE. It is an interactive workshop designed specifically for dynamic women…the overwhelmed, overworked, perfectionist, and the “fixer” types that we all can be at different times. It offers a an in-depth working definition of self-care and practical solutions to overcome the superwoman complex. (Participatory/Interactive).
- Where’s the Fire? The 7-Keys to Igniting Passion and Purpose
- Take Back Your Body ™
- Violence Against Women Panel
- Surviving to Thriving
- Healing the Pandemic of Violence: The Peace Revolution!
- Create Love for Women Who Love Women
- Workshop Presenter
- Can We Talk For Real Radio Interview: Create Love 2014
- Talking with Terri Radio Interview: Healing Women is our Purpose
- Radio Interview: A Spoken Word Artist Living On Purpose
- Radio Interview with Coach Kerri: Create Love 2013
- How To Love a Broken Woman
- Loving Yourself Better on The Big, Bold, Beautiful Blog
- Embrace Your Power!
- Living Authentically
- 2/28/14 Article in the Georgia Voice
- Imani facilitating a workshop at the Create Love Conference for Women 2013
- Imani performing an original poem entitled, NO!
- (Dedicated to survivors of domestic violence)
- Working with University of Pennsylvania & CONNECT2CARE, Imani participated in developing a national toolkit for providers serving women living with HIV as the counseling consultant. The finished product is available online as a video and a pdf for the toolkit to be distributed nationally to providers serving women living with HIV.
- Video testimonial of workshop participant